Draw the Line!
Houston-based Multinational Big Oil Corporations have plans for Mobile to the tune of hundreds of thousands of barrels of petrochemical traffic through the region daily.
What’s your plan?
* An expanded Bomb Train rail terminal is proposed for the GM&O Terminal with adjoining pipes under the Mobile River to connect it with the Blakeley Island and Magazine Point petrochemical storage tanks.
* Existing and proposed above ground petrochemical storage tanks threaten historic Africatown’s heritage and integrity in addition to Mobile’s economic future as a center for tourism, fishing, and leisure.
* More petrochemical tanks mean dramatic increases in extraordinarily dangerous petrochemical rail traffic in the form of so-called “Bomb Trains”.
* The I-10 tunnel is slated for destruction to dredge the Mobile River to greater depth to allow “PostPanamex” supertankers access to waterfront petrochemical storage tank farms.
* All these plans go along with: the relatively-new petrochemical storage tank facilities at Magazine Point, Blakeley Island, and 10-Mile; the new petrochemical pipeline through Big Creek Lake’s watershed (the Mobile region’s only water supply); and the new pipeline laid through historic Africatown and its Mobile County Training School’s sports field.
Defend the Water! * Defend Our Way of Life!
Stop Houston Oil Companies Before They Stop Us!
A GREENER Mobile means JUSTICE for Africatown!
***Mobile Environmental Justice Action Coalition***